No, it’s not just a cover for the sun. There’s so much more to it, and sometimes, if the job’s not done properly, you’ll end up ruining your entire event.
What do I mean?
1. If you have a high display, make sure the ground is sturdy with no little hills to ruin the balance. It’s always best to have a wooden flooring if you want to use high displays as it will diminish the risk of the flower display toppling to the ground.
2. In the summer season, marquees should have more than one side open. Regardless of the flowers you’re going to have on your wedding day, the heat can wilt them unless you make them more resilient to it by giving them lots of air.
3. The access to the marquee when installing flowers can be tricky. Make sure you consult your wedding organiser on the whereabouts of the marquee to decrease the time of installation. Bad organisation can lead to stress and a less than perfect result.
4. Candlelight should be concealed because of the wind as there’s nothing worse than a dark wedding table at night. You could opt for lanterns as they won’t cause a fire risk if the marquee has a low ceiling. This way you are creating an elegant and cosy outdoor feeling.
5. There are height restrictions when having a marquee. Some brides love grand, lush flowers displayed on different levels without taking into consideration the pitch of the roof of a marquee. Always check marquee height measurements before going to visit your floral designer.
Take a look at some of our top outdoor marquee displays.